- Companies currently in the S&P 500
- Positive earnings in every year for the past 21 years
- Calculate (simple) average 20 year annual EPS growth rate
- Calculate standard deviation of 20 years annual EPS growth rate
- Coefficient of variation = Standard Deviation / Mean Return (the lower the better)
Here, ranked by coefficient of variation, are the S&P 500 stocks with the lowest risk (standard deviation) per unit of growth. Enjoy!
Harvest Investor © 2016. All rights reserved. The content and ideas contained in this blog represents only the opinions of the author. The content in no way constitutes investment advice, and should never be relied on in making an investment decision, ever. No content shall be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell any security or financial instrument, or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy. The author may hold positions in the securities and companies mentioned on this site. Any position disclosed on this site may be modified or reversed without notice to you. The content herein is intended solely for the entertainment of the reader, and the author.